1. Where do I start?
Creating a garden is a consultative process so the first step is to consider what you want from your garden and come up with a landscape plan.
We can assist with a simple concept plan that shows the flow between the different spaces and their dimensions including plant selections, or we work according to a detailed design that you or your landscape designer/architect provides us with.
A mood board or collection of images you like can also assist us in selecting colours, textures, types of plants and the structure of your garden.
2. How much does a landscaped garden cost?
A landscaped garden often costs more than you may expect, so work out your priorities and ‘must-haves’. With these ideas plus your plan, we can issue a clear, detailed quotation or a detailed estimate and scope of works prior to starting. All invoicing is done in stages.
3. What are the cost factors in a new garden?
There are a lot of costs to factor in when planning your landscape, such as:
• design & structural drawings
• building permits (if required)
• cartage and tipping fees, contractors, materials and supplies
• plants – remember, established plants cost more but give instant effect
• ongoing maintenance cost.
There are many levers we can pull to bring the cost of a new garden into budget, for example by adjusting material choices and plant sizes, or by staging works in such a way that expenses can be spread out.
4. Do I need a lot of space to create a dream garden?
Whether your land size is large or small, a new landscape garden should make the best use of your space. You may have an under-used corner or side area that can be turned into a productive garden, or a space to relax and unwind. Vertical gardens also have a dramatic effect within a compact footprint.
5. What after-sales service do you provide?
Upon completion of your new outdoor space, we will continue to provide on site support and advice for a period of six weeks – thereafter we happily assist whenever needed.
6. Does Petstra Gardens do gardening?
We can design a garden that needs minimal maintenance, but we do not do ongoing gardening work such as weeding, lawnmowing or pruning. We are happy to recommend a service in your area.